Resetting Motorola Atrix 2 on Settings:
- On your Home screen, press Menu.
- Go to Settings, and select Privacy.
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- Then tap Reset phone.
- And Erase everything to confirm the reset.
Resetting Motorola Atrix 2 on Hardware Buttons:
These steps is also helpful when your Motorola Atrix 2 is unresponsive or frozen and there's no way to access the settings. If it is frozen, remove the battery and reinsert it after a few minutes.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Keys Up & Down.
- When your phone will show the boot mode menu, press the Volume Down to highlight Recovery.
- Then press Volume Up to start Recovery.
- Your phone will reboot, then shows the Android robot.
- When the robot appears on your screen, press the Volume Up and Volume Down together.
- The recovery menu should appear on the screen.
- Press the Volume keys to scroll to the factory reset option.
- Press the Power button to activate.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll to the Yes to confirmation, then press the Power button to confirm.
- When the reset is complete, press the Power button to choose reboot from the recovery menu.