Before you can sideload content from your Mac to your NOOK HD/NOOK HD+, you will be required to perform a one-time installation of a driver prior to your first file transfer.
To download the driver:
• First connect you NOOK to your Mac.
• There should be a NOOK Drive appear in your Mac, open the NOOK drive.
• Then, open “MyNOOKSetup.html.” A browser page which links to instructions will open.
• Click NOOK.com/MyNOOKSetup. A file named MyNOOKSetup.dmg.zip will download on your Mac.
• If the download is complete, open the zip file and follow the install instructions.
• Once downloaded, go to the Finder to locate the file and click it.
• After reading and accepting the Terms & Conditions, the file will automatically install.
• Once installation is done, disconnect your NOOK device from the Mac.
• You may also need to restart your Mac. After it has restarted, connect your NOOK.
• Open the NOOK drive on the desktop.
The installation is complete! You may now try to transfer files from your Mac to your NOOK HD/HD+. To transfer the file simply drag and drop it to the folder want to place the file.